Choosing the right tile for your home can be tricky. With there being so many options in terms of style and design, not to mention the fly by night one man shops trying to give you knock-off cheap imitation products. At Lifestyle Ceramics, you are getting more than just a product or service. You are getting a guarantee that quality assurance is vitally important.
So you have finally made the decision to reinvest in your home’s busiest walkway. You need to ask yourself a couple of questions regarding floor tiles.
- What style are you going for?
- Something that appears clean all the time?
- How about something that will light up your house allowing natural light to flow right through.
- There are many details you need to consider.
There are a few basic guidelines homeowners need to keep in mind when selecting tile colours.
1. Firstly, it’s important to consider the purpose of the room to be tiled. The colour grey has been a constant feature over the past five years and concrete-looking inkjet tiles provide a durable alternative to concrete flooring.
2. The kitchen is another room in which tile colour selection is important, particularly because this is the heart of the home. When deliberating over what tile colour to use in the kitchen, consider the colour of your kitchen units and surroundings.
3. The ceramic tile industry rates wear using the PEI scale, which classifies tile surfaces from 1 to 5. PEI 1 is least resistant to abrasion and PEI 5 most resistant. Most tiles can be used on walls, but floor tile needs to withstand greater wear and tear. For light residential use, Class 2 or greater is a good choice.
Naturally, you try to do things on your own but sometimes giving the experts a chance to shine is the best way to go, especially when it comes down to choosing the right floor tile.